We have a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and experienced contracts manager to join the leadership team managing a portfolio of Hard FM and building refurb projects in and around London. Contribute to developing and leading the strategic direction for the allocated business unit, delivering projects and programmes to a favourable outcome.
The role will have the responsibility for ensuring that contractual agreements are properly managed while acting as the lead contact and representing the B & M McHugh brand to our Clients.
Deliver the growth and business plan, establishing a safe, commercially viable and effective organisation.
- Proven experience of working on Hard FM type contracts on multi site estates would be desirable.
- A positive attitude with high level of commitment to challenges and professional standards taking ownership and accountability for own actions and decisions
- Behaves in an ethical manner, understands ethical behaviour and business practices.
- Experienced in leading and developing a diverse team including managing performance and skills development across a geographical region.
- Communicates effectively, able to speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication techniques and tools.
- A team worker, operating cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organisational effectiveness.
- Experienced in leading, positively influencing others to achieve results that are in the best interest of B & M McHugh.
- Make sound decisions, assessing situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Can manage own and others time setting priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track activity
- Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Higher level (HNC or Degree) Qualification in construction, engineering or related discipline is desirable
- Be a key member of the B & M McHugh leadership team representing the interests of the business.
- P&L responsibility for the Business Unit.
- Manage the financial viability of the business unit through the development of a business plan to maximise opportunities and mitigating risk.
- Lead Bids, developing and implementing winning bid strategies and providing operations support to bid teams they need to develop winning proposals.
- Plan, coordinate and report on contracts within the portfolio, highlighting performance gaps and actions to address them
- Develop and deliver business improvements to maximise the commercial performance of the business unit in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure sufficient resources are available for the safe execution of the works
- Promote and maintain safe systems of work and see that they do not require or allow persons to take unnecessary risks.
- Undertake various on-call duties as required.
- Working with commercial support, report monthly on cost and value ensuring that opportunities and risks are managed accordingly.
- Provide guidance and coaching to Project teams on managing and delivering contracts.
- Responsible for the protection and promotion of the B & M McHugh brand in all activities.
- Communicate and implement the contractual quality requirements with respect to construction works undertaken by the Company.
- Promulgate lessons learnt and develop processes and briefings to benefit future works to ensure the company maintains its competitive edge.
- Build, develop and maintain an effective management team.
up to £75K per annum depending on experience plus other benefits